UNL Holds Estate Planning, Lease Workshops for Panhandle
Lincoln, Neb. —Nebraska Extension and the Center for Agricultural Profitability at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln will host a series of workshops focusing on estate planning and farmland management and leasing in the Panhandle area between November 7-9.
Estate planning workshops will offer tools and strategies to effectively plan, start and complete estate and transition plans, provide information on common mistakes during the process, and outline key considerations for creating and implementing estate plans and inheritance.
The schedule for the Estate and Transition Planning Workshop is (every mountain hour):
- Nov. 7, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in Chadron at the Dawes County Extension Office, 250 Main St., Suite 8 (register at 308-432-3373).
- Nov. 7, 1-4 p.m. in Rushville at the Sheridan County Extension Office, 800 Loffborrow St. (register at 308-327-2312)
- Nov. 8, 1-4 p.m. in Bridgeport at the Prairie Winds Community Center, 428 N. Main St. (register at 308-262-1022).
- Nov. 9, 2-5 p.m. in Ogallala at Mid Plains Community College, 512 E. B St. South (register at 308-284-9830).
Two additional workshops covering estate planning and land management issues for farm and ranch owners and tenants will focus on fair tenancy strategies, landlord/tenant communication, pasture leasing, sharecropping leasing, cash rental rates and other land management updates.
The schedule for the Rental Considerations Workshop is (all mountain times):
- Nov. 8, 8:30-11:30 a.m. at Alliance at Alliance Library, 1750 Sweetwater Ave., #101 (register at 308-762-5616).
- Nov. 9, 8:30-11:30 a.m. in Scottsbluff at the Panhandle Research, Extension and Education Center, 4502 Ave. I (register at 308-632-1230).
More information on farm estate planning, land management and leasing can be found on the Center for Farm Profitability website, https://cap.unl.edu.